0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Revelation of Quran(23 years)
1. was revealed to Prophet Muhammad in the time of 23 years.
2. Since it was last revelation, special arrangements were made.
3. It was preserved in the tablet. Quran says it is rather a Glorious in preserved tablet.
4. First, it was brought down to Bait .
5. The descension took place at the night of .
6. Quran says we have revealed the Quran in the blessed .
7. The blessed night was of . Quran clarifies this.
8. The first five verses of Surah were revealed.
9. All authentic traditions believe that it was last nights of Ramadan.
10. Afterwards, when prophet was told to spread message in Surah .
11. At different situations, God continued to reveal and Surahs.
12. It is divided into two parts: Meccan surahs are revealed in , and, Madni Surahs revealed in
13. Last verse of Quran was of Surah verse 3 which says we have completed the religion on
you and has chosen Islam as your religion.
Reasons for revealing Quran in different parts:
1. The disbelievers questioned that why is not revealed on him at once?
2. Quran answered in Surah that we revealed this in parts so we may your heart.
3. Being last divine , the Quran needed to be in parts to convey message precisely.
4. The was man so it would be difficult for him to memorize Quran at once.
5. He was divinely helped by and it was revealed that do not move your tongue so fast, indeed it
is for us to make you memorize.
6. Contrary to this, was revealed to prophet Moses at once because he knew how to and
7. cannot be interpreted at once, because it many things related to historical context.
8. For example, a story of women was narrated who was complaining about her
husband. (Quran Surah Mujadilah).
The Meccan and Medinan Surahs:
1. Meccan Surahs are those revealed in during 610-622 AD before migration to Madinah.
2. Surahs are those revealed afterwards.
3. Meccan Surahs covered the areas nearby as well and also that are revealed in .
4. Meccan Surahs deals with Tawhid, hereafter and consolation of against hostile of
5. Arabs had pride over their skills, so God revealed some of the Quranic verses in very impressive
poetic diction with great rhyming such as , Al-Takweer etc.
6. General address of Quran in Meccan Surahs are like ‘O yea who disbelieve’, .
7. Story of Adam, Eve and Satan are found in Meccan Surahs only except Surah .
Methods of Revelation:
1. There were various modes of .
2. He sometimes receive sounds.
3. At the time of , buzzing of honey bees was heard by those closer to prophet e.g.
reported such incidents.
4. Companions also reported that we saw sweating even in high winters.
5. Moreover, prophet told about his feeling of increasing weight at time of .
6. Zayd ibn reported that whenever revelation came on prophet with his head rested on him,
Zayd’s leg bone about to break due to weight . These were the hardest mode of revelation.
7. In easiest mode of revelation, Angel appeared to him in form of human or stranger.
8. On twice, prophet had direct conversation with : one at , and, second at dream.
9. Sometimes verses directly inscription in heart without appearing to him.
Compilation of the Holy Quran:
1. During prophet’s time, various companions used to memorize and many noted down.
2. Quran was noted down on bones, skins etc.
3. In last days, prophet recited verses of Quran twice and through this, Omer (RA) introduced concept of
4. At the time of death, there were hundred of memorizers of Quran.
5. During the caliphate of , in battle of Yammama against false prophet, many memorizers got
6. With this felt the consequence of future so he proposed the idea of compilation.
7. appointed team of 75 under Zayd ibn Thabit.
8. All sheets placed together remained with Abu Bakar and then .
9. On the death of Omer, he left with his daughter . It is also known as Musaf-e- Hafsa.
10. In Uthman’s caliphate, the huge empire extended to remote areas.
12. New converts disputed on reciting the and many had imperfect copies.
13. Huzaifa ibn witnessed such disputes.
14. Othman RA appointed 4 scribes: Zayd, , Saeed, and, .
15. They were instructed to follow the dialect of .
16. The Quran was recited loudly in prophet’s .
17. copies were made again.
18. Copies sent to Yamen, , Bahrain and along with reciters.
19. All variants were burnt that were different from standard .
20. Because of this, Othman got the title, .